Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Video Games

Some of the things that what the author say I can actually agree with, but not everything. I agree that video games without words are really amazing, but games that do have cut scenes and words, can be just as amazing. When I was younger I played a lot of video games like the ones he was saying are the best, and I have to agree that if they had been very different I wouldn't like them nearly as much, but now I play both types of games, and it just depends in the game and what you are doing whether or not it needs all of the talking. A Mario game for example doesn't really need all of the talking, but if there is a game that relays heavily on the story line, it would need a lot of talking. He said that a game when a game had a story line all it did was take away from the game and show a lack of creativity from the creator. This is just not really true, a game with a story line shows a creative person just as much as a game with no story line. I think that they are actually more injoyable because I have a reason for doing whatever it is that I am supposed to be doing. He also said that if you have to actually think durning a game that also takes away from the fun of it. This may be true for some people, but for me I love to think and concentrate when playing a game. The only time I don't want to have to think is when I am watching t.v not when I'm playing a game. A game that makes me think is so much more fun, the challenges in the game are what really draw people to it. If a game is intellectually challenging and actually have really hard parts, is the most fun. If you don't have to think during a game then it just see,s like a waste of time and would be completely pointless to actually play. So although some games that have no actual story line or talking can be just as fun as a game with cut scenes and a story line, it depends not only on the game but also the person that is actually playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment